Sermon by Bsh. Paul Maina
Founder Rivers of Joy Ministries Kenya.
2 Kings 13:14-21 NIV
Now Elisha had been suffering from the illness from which he died. Jehoash king of Israel went down to see him and wept over him. “My father! My father!” he cried. “The chariots and horsemen of Israel!”  Elisha said, “Get a bow and some arrows,” and he did so.  “Take the bow in your hands,” he said to the king of Israel. When he had taken it, Elisha put his hands on the king’s hands.  “Open the east window,” he said, and he opened it. “Shoot!” Elisha said, and he shot. “The Lord’s arrow of victory, the arrow of victory over Aram!” Elisha declared. “You will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek.”  Then he said, “Take the arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it three times and stopped.  The man of God was angry with him and said, “You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.”  Elisha died and was buried. Now Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring.  Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.
* The men of God are not exempted from normal challenges therefore even at their point despair, the anointing still works.
* Respecting the altar and the anointing begins the transformation of your life .
*Into every believers live, God has anointed/ prepared a man who carries your blessing.
* The anointed of God is equivalent to the war machinery “chariots and horsemen of Israeli” so as Elisha regarded. Therefore there is an assurance of victory in every battle.
* any increase in your life is attached to how you regard/ submit to your spiritual authority.
* Disrespect of the anointing is the beginning of war with God. And submission to the anointing it comes with elevation.
* The spirit of pride limits one from submitting to the authority.
* Make use of the anointing availed over your life whenever you have an opportunity.
* Regard the servant of God as your Father.
* Joshua heard the word of God regarding the journey to Canaan but he respected the priest to go before them with the ark of covenant. He understood the importance of anointing and the authority it come with.
* The soldiers of Israel valued David as equal to 10,000 soldiers since they regarded the anointing upon him.
* Learn to follow their instructions not t miss out on their word that will transform your life.
Shalom. To be continued next Sunday.